Masked Gunmen Kidnap Chinese Staff At Myanmar Supermarket, Suspects Still At LargeMar 20, 2023 | 🚀 Fathership AI
A group of masked gunmen kidnapped a Chinese national from a supermarket in Tachileik, Myanmar near the Myanmar-Thailand border.
- The incident occurred on March 16th around 8:55 pm and was captured on CCTV footage.
- The Chinese national is believed to be the sister of the supermarket owner.
- The gunmen are still at large and reports suggest that they may speak Chinese and be acquaintances of the kidnapped woman.
- The kidnapped woman is a Chinese citizen, and it is unclear if there have been any ransom demands.
- The footage shows four gunmen in masks entering the supermarket and calmly taking the woman from the cashier area while restraining her hands.
- The other two people in the cashier area did not resist, likely due to a gunman holding a rifle.
- No shots were fired, and the gunmen left in a white car parked outside the supermarket.
- Another kidnapping had occurred on the same street on March 1st, with ransom details also currently unknown.